Starting early-March 2024
A little about us…
We are Speed Communications, the largest PR and communications agency in the South West, with two PR divisions supporting clients in both B2B and consumer.
We’re a 40-strong team of some of the most creative, energetic and curious people in the business. We’ve created a brilliant team and a fun, supportive culture.
The Head of B2B PR role is new to the agency and is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal function in the leadership and management of Speed’s Business & Corporate division, reporting to Speed’s Director of Business & Corporate, Clare Cooper.
This senior role will have responsibility for the strategic development of key clients within the Business & Corporate division alongside leading new business and growth of the division.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Playing an active role in B2B PR lead generation; developing credentials, new business proposals and pitches for potential clients.
- Leading one of Speed’s largest global accounts in the financial services space. Additionally, leading the teams working on tech-sector accounts.
- Quickly building strong senior client relationships to ensure key consultancy status, finding solutions to challenges, using experience and knowledge to inspire, motivate and educate.
- Providing team direction to ensure effective and efficient delivery of account work, ensuring we are meeting clients’ strategic objectives and high standards required.
- Supporting account team members in managing projects, planning and delivery of campaigns.
- Working as an integral part of Speed’s Business & Corporate division’s senior management team (team of 5).
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in B2B PR and communications. Previous agency experience is essential.
- Significant experience in new business; brief through to proposal, tender handling, leading pitches and pitch teams.
- Ideally experience in leading client accounts in the financial services sectors.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to engage and inspire those that report into you.
- Appreciation of excellent client services and results delivery.
And in return….
People are integral to our success and because of this, we focus on keeping them happy and healthy. This is reflected in:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working options
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (not including Bank holidays)
- Additional holiday purchase scheme of up to 5 days per year
- Additional 5 days’ holiday on your 5th anniversary year
- Company pension scheme
- Outstanding training and development programme
- Well-being programme inc. weekly fruit delivery, eye-care vouchers
- Refer a friend and new business incentives
- Medical cash plan – including contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.