Video editors (with Crew Support) are at the forefront of Speed’s production work, helping to deliver multichannel projects and campaigns for clients at a very high standard. It’s a varied role which, while dominated by editing predominately short-to-medium form video content, will also involve crew responsibilities on set and some production support. Experience in shooting / sound recording on set would be helpful but not essential.
The role is based at our Bristol office with flexibility for some home working during the week but there are also regular trips to locations around the UK (and beyond) with overnight stays a standard part of the job.
Members of our production team also get involved with creative brainstorms and client meetings where appropriate.
Video editing and crew support
- All forms of video editing for a range of different platforms and audiences to a professional standard
- Audio editing as part of our podcast offering
- Managing the ingesting of rushes
- Motion graphics
- Liaising with senior production team members and clients about edit projects
- Attending shoots where required with a willingness to practically support the production team in a capacity to be agreed (see skills below)
- Give support on appropriate technical requirements and creative approaches to upcoming projects.
- Show an in-depth understanding of creative trends across all channels: know what the good stuff is, who is making it and how
- Apply smart, creative, multichannel thinking across everything you do -always question how you can use your skills to help deliver even more engaging content
- Immerse yourself in the creative world; be inspired by what you see, read and hear. Know what’s happening in content marketing and keep your colleagues on their toes by knowing what’s great and what’s not
- Take part in and actively contribute to team brainstorms across all projects as well as the agency
- Help collate and research market sector information and investigate competitor information
- Demonstrate a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude, offering help and support across the teams as and when required
- Integrate with the wider Speed team, take the initiative to get involved with agency activities such as Speed social media channels
- Be a team player, always supporting your colleagues and helping when needed
- Show accountability, and take ownership of and responsibility for your tasks and actions
- Be open to cross-agency working alongside our MISSION colleagues
- Always act professionally when representing the agency
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Professional level editing skills using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience of shooting video and / or location sound would be welcome but not essential – training available
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to manage tight deadlines
- Flexibility to juggle multiple tasks
- Consistency in terms of performance and outputs
- Friendly, professional can-do attitude
- Thirst to learn and develop new skills
- Team player
- An eye for great content
- Professionalism and integrity
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, good attention to detail
- Ambitious self-starter
We’re a diverse team of award-winning creative, energetic and curious communications professionals, comprising the largest PR agency in the South West.
Alongside traditional PR, our offer also includes multimedia, digital and social media, experiential, design, creative strategy, content marketing…. and loads more.
We’ve created a brilliant team and a fun, supportive culture. The average length of time people stay with us is six years. We regularly organise team social activities, have twice yearly all-company get togethers, and ‘Creative Hackathon’ events where we get inspiration and creatively challenge ourselves.
What you’ll get:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working options
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (not including Bank holidays)
- Additional holiday purchase scheme of up to 5 days per year
- Additional 5 days’ holiday on your 5th anniversary year
- Company pension scheme
- Outstanding training and development programme
- Well-being programme inc. weekly fruit delivery, eye-care vouchers
- Refer a friend and new business incentives
- Medical cash plan – including private GP helpline and contributions to dental, optical, physio etc.
To apply please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to our Resourcing Team at Recruitment@speedcomms.com